I haven’t made one of these link posts for awhile. This one’s recent news, the ones to come will have more fun stuff.
- Forget the dropped mic, Google’s VR announcement yesterday was exciting, almost as good as the Apple Pencil (oh, wait, that one’s real).
- This week I learned that you can embed Sketchfab models in Facebook posts (just post the share link; another example and another), and also set them to automatically spin (though not both at once, yet) and other options.
- Pete Shirley’s last book in his trilogy of “Ray Tracing Minibooks” is free to purchase until April 5th. Short & sweet & solid. More information on the series and other stuff on Pete’s blog, and here’s his how-to publish guide – go make one yourself!
- GPU Pro 7 was briefly available on Amazon but then sold out, the rest of us have to wait for the slow boat making its way to Amazon. Source code repository has been started here (also includes GPU Pro 6 code).
- In a similar vein, Eric Lengyel’s Game Engine Gems 3 should be out in a few weeks.
- The figures for “Real-Time Rendering, 3rd edition” are now on Flickr for easy viewing. These have been available for a long while, and I tossed them up on to Flickr in good part so that I can find a figure easily, any time I want.
- Ray casting gets attention, see the original here.