The call for submissions for SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 has recently gone live. This fourth iteration of the SIGGRAPH Asia conference will take place in Hong Kong between December 12th and 15th. In previous years, the sketches and course programs have been of similar quality (if reduced quantity) compared to their North American counterparts. The SIGGRAPH Asia Technical Papers have been really good, better in my opinion than the relatively abstruse SIGGRAPH Technical Papers. If you want to see for yourself, the incomparable Ke-Sen Huang has your back, with paper link pages for SIGGRAPH Asia 2008, 2009 and 2010. Ke-Sen deserves an outstanding service award from ACM, instead of the more negative attentions he has received from them.
Here is the 2011 CFS text (a slightly more detailed version can be found here):
SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 sees the return of the Art Gallery and Emerging Technologies programs. Also calling for submissions are: Computer Animation Festival, Courses, Technical Papers, Technical Sketches & Posters.
Submit your research, theories, and innovations and you might be the next to have the valuable opportunity to present your work to audience-packed halls at SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 conference in Hong Kong this December.
- Art Gallery – Submission deadline is 09 June 2011 (23:59 UTC/GMT)
- Computer Animation Festival – Submission deadline is14 July 2011 (23:59 UTC/GMT)
- Courses – Submission deadline is 07 June 2011 (23:59 UTC/GMT)
- Emerging Technologies – Submission deadline is 07 June 2011 (23:59 UTC / GMT)
- Technical Sketches and Posters – Submission deadline is 30 August 2011 (23:59 UTC / GMT)
- Technical Papers – Submission deadline is 17 May 2011 (23:59 UTC /GMT)
For more information on SIGGRAPH Asia 2011, please visit www.siggraph.org/asia2011/.