Machine learning, and especially deep learning, is all the rage, so here are some (vaguely) graphics-related tie ins:
- Andrew Glassner is finishing a book on deep learning; free chapter on backpropagation here.
- If you can’t wait for the book and want a quick intro, check out Angelo Pesce’s posts one and two. Your fortune is assured.
- The version with sound of this research from DeepMind is hilarious and slightly grim.
- So cleanse your palate with these robots falling over to cheery music during DARPA’s robotics challenge. (from Jan Kautz)
- We’re safe from mobile robots for now, but the Coke display in Times Square may hypnotize us all in the meantime. Here’s a peek inside.
- And Why AI researchers like video games is a fun little read.
- Blade Runner 2049 was worthwhile, and in my heart Deckard will always be a replicant. Better yet is training a neural net to reproduce the original Blade Runner film (more technical info here), which brings up interesting copyright issues.
Comments are now closed.