I received this CfP a week ago, but I was traveling so hadn’t had the time to post it earlier. I3D has always been a very good conference, with a high percentage of usable real-time rendering papers. This year’s conference was especially strong. Five of the papers were by people who had implemented the described techniques in commercial games (Crysis 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Civilization V, Toy Story 3 The Video Game, and Dark Void), and many of the other papers were also interesting and relevant (all papers are linked from Ke-Sen’s website).
Now is the opportunity to submit papers for I3D 2011, which will take place in San Francisco in late February. The full Call follows:
I3D 2011 Call for Participation
Submission System is now open!
Paper submission deadline: October 22, 2010
Conference info: http://www.i3dsymposium.org
Submission system: http://precisionconference.com/~i3d
Conference Date: February 18th – 20th, 2011
Location: Marriott Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco, CA
I3D is the leading-edge conference for real-time 3D computer graphics and human interaction, and 2011 marks the 25th year since the first conference gathering. We invite you to submit papers, posters, and interactive demos across the entire range of topics in interaction, interactive 3D graphics, and games. The fall deadline provides the perfect outlet for your summer work.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Interaction devices and techniques
- 3D game techniques
- Interactive modeling
- Level-of-detail approaches
- Pre-computed lighting
- Visibility computation
- Real-time surface shading
- Fast shadows, caustics and reflections
- Imposters and image-based techniques
- Animated models
- GPU techniques
- Navigation methods
- Interactive visualization
- Virtual and augmented reality
- User studies of interactive techniques and applications
Paper submissions should be up to 8 pages in length and adhere to ACM SIGGRAPH style guidelines. The submission of a video to accompany the paper is encouraged. Papers will be peer-reviewed in a single-blind process and authors notified by e-mail.
Please visit the conference website at http://www.i3dsymposium.org for additional information, submission details, and further updates.
Send questions to:
- general (at) i3dsymposium.org (for general inquiries)
- papers (at) i3dsymposium.org (for questions on paper submission)
- posters (at) i3dsymposium.org (for questions on posters & demos)
- Paper submissions due: October 22nd, 2010
- Poster and demo submissions due: December 17th, 2010
- Paper notifications: Dec 3, 2010
- Poster and demo notifications: Jan 7, 2011
- Conference: February 18th – 20th, 2011